drawing tan point tan circles

Roy

katie thanks for the reply, That almost works excet in stead of infilling the kidney shape when I combine the trimed arcs it fills to the interiors of the arcs like it is not recognising it as a solid but as a group of the individual arcs.

and it is actualy 4 circles used to creaqte a kidney shape, I can send you what i have so far if you want.

also how come I can not trim to the tangent constraints on the circles does VW consider tangent points as not intersecting.

[ 12-13-2002, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Roy ]

Roy,

You can email it to me at tech@nemetschek.net but I can't promise I'll be to it today or this weekend. I'm realllllly backlogged right now with emails and customer files as the rest of us in the dept are also.

hello,

Our firm does alot of freeform poll design and one of the most useful tools autocad has to allow this is 3 point circles with a tan snap. thus I can draw two circles and connect them with a third by using tan point(in the middle) and tan to the second circle. this creates a smooth outside edge of the pool, how can this be acomplished with vector works [Confused]

OK I figured it out using tangent constraints [smile]

next issue once I have theoutlin I want to be able to infill it with a color and offset it, baisicaly I need a Poly line out of it so any help here?

[ 12-13-2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Roy ]

Roy,

I'm a little confused here.

Do you have three circles that are overlapping each other to form an odd shaped pool -- which you then need filled with a color .. and treated as one object?

If this is the case ...

Select all three circles, then use the Add Surface command under the Tool Menu.

That will give you a polyline. You can leave it as a polyline or convert it to a polygon.

It should have a solid fill as a polyline if the circles had solid fills at creation time.

Then you can change the fill color of the circles by changing the solid fill setting in the attributes palette.

You said something about offsetting .. what do you want offset?