Snap to angle

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you enable Snap to Angle in the Snapping palette, this should be possible as well as dragging to angles in between. However to force it you can hold down the Shift key.

You may also be thinking of the Constrained/Unconstrained modes of the Line too, possibly, they have another method of angle snapping being locked in.

You can draw new geometry off a line in that manner, but I had not attempted to reshape a line that way before.

What version of Vectorworks is this happening in properly on your end? I can test it here to see what has changed.

I have also found this to be a problem, but only with VW 2014 SP3. It seems like the constrained angle tracks from the selected point rather than the axis. This shouldn't be the case, as dragging a point of any line depends on the axis for reference, not the point you are currently moving.

I see it happening now, thank you, submitting as an issue.

(Apologies for the delay, I have quite a few versions of Vectorworks on my various machines here and I had accidentally been testing this issue in a version other than the 2014 SP3 official release.)