Setting classes for plugins, doors/windows etc

pschone

Hello,

I'd really like to know how to set my own class definitions for plugin objects such as doors/windows. When I use these objects they come with their own class settings for the elements within the object, but I would like to define them so they fit within my own class structure.

I know that I can set the classes for any object that I create after I create it, but I'd like to set the default classes so that everytime I create a plugin object it uses the correct classes.

Searching around, I think that I should be doing this in the 'Customize Plugin' section within Tools -> Plugins -> Plugin Manager. But when I go to 'Door' and click 'customize' - I get a long list of parameters that I could potentially customize but when I select any of them the 'edit' button stays grey.

Is there something I'm missing? Am I in the right place, and should I be able to edit these parameters? Or is there a more straightforward way to set the classes for Plugin Objects?

Thanks in advance!

Phillip

Hello,

I'd really like to know how to set my own class definitions for plugin objects such as doors/windows. When I use these objects they come with their own class settings for the elements within the object, but I would like to define them so they fit within my own class structure.

I know that I can set the classes for any object that I create after I create it, but I'd like to set the default classes so that everytime I create a plugin object it uses the correct classes.

Searching around, I think that I should be doing this in the 'Customize Plugin' section within Tools -> Plugins -> Plugin Manager. But when I go to 'Door' and click 'customize' - I get a long list of parameters that I could potentially customize but when I select any of them the 'edit' button stays grey.

Is there something I'm missing? Am I in the right place, and should I be able to edit these parameters? Or is there a more straightforward way to set the classes for Plugin Objects?

Thanks in advance!

Phillip