Class Overrides in DLVPs not working

JoshW

I have a fairly large project that we are trying to tackle using the strategy outlined in the Vectorworks White-Paper "Best Practices for Workgroup BIM using Vectorworks". For the most part, everything has been functioning as planned. However, once we moved onto creating section sheet files, the DLVP that we are referencing to the sheet file will not allow any class overrides to take place. I've tried overrides in the DLVP itself as well as trying to allow it to assume the overrides of the section viewport on the sheet. We are using Vectorworks Architect 2014 SP2 w/ Renderworks.

Thanks, Josh

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey All,

There is a way to accomplish what you're trying to do using a combination of Layer Referencing and DLVPs. Feel free to email me directly - wgardner@vectorworks.net

Wes

I am able to override the classes in the DLVP fine in model space. However, once the section viewport is cut, all overrides disappear and the content reverts back to original settings. What would alleviate the problem all together would be materials/components that had the ability to have an elevation display setting as well as a "cut" display setting when being viewed through a section viewport.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried moving the DLVP in these files to Layer Import referencing. The issue I have now is that there are multiple instances of the same class in the file. So now the class overrides I try need to be done multiple times for each object. Is there a way to merge classes together when using a layer reference? Has anybody even encountered this type of problem before?