Ceiling Detail

RCrussellUK

I have a fairly uneven ceiling, a couple of beams and a stairwell cutting through a room, producing some irregular features.

What would you suggest is the cleanest way to model this?

I have introduced a Ceiling Layer beneath the Slab of the above story, using a Solid Addition to created a shell which gives the 3D impression of a plaster boarded ceiling. I expect when I take a section, that I will need to clarify this on the sheet with some extra line work - is there a suggested method for generating the undercrofts of stairwells, boxing beams etc.

Thanks!

Edited by RCrussellUK
Guest Wes Gardner

Hey Russell,

I think your model set-up is spot on...depending on how many views are required through the thing will probably give you a fair idea of what to model and what to just embellish in 2D.

Your undercrofts, etc. are also a good candidate for modelling with extrudes, solid/addition subtraction.

Once again, depending on the complexity and how many views you need might give you an indication of the complexity in which to take your model. Coffered, tray, etc. ceilings in my opinion are all right there in that same catagory

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner