Push/pull marble of death

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Could you place one of the problematic furniture items in a new, blank test file and send it to tech@vectorworks.net ? We can take a closer look.

Also, please send us a screenshot of what surfaces you've selected as well before attempting the push/pull:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/892/How+to+take+a+Screen+Shot

Edited by JimW

OK will do.....thanks.

The overload occurs solely when the cursor passes over the object with the push/pull tool activated (no surfaces are select yet). It's an imported mesh object.....I guess there just are too many planes to process in one go? On the other hand...... :grin:

I've tried 'adding surfaces' to see if it simplifies the geometry however this has no effect......

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9591&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202013-09-25%20kl.%2016.47.52.png

Edited by Vincent C
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thank you.

I have had problems in the past with objects that have that many vertices, on occasion temporarily disabling selection highlighting has helped me work on a very complex model.

You can try this if you like, Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Interactive , then uncheck Cursor Preselection Highlighting.

I have also had luck with disabling the full Selection highlighting there as well, but again thats simply my suggestion as a workaround for more complex models. We will work with your file once I get it and see whats causing the overall problem.

OK Jim thanks for the suggestions, however i rely greatly on all aspects of the highlighting and snapping, they are an essential part of my workflow so I won't be modifying them however on the up side I will simply turn off the offending objects class, luckily the bulk of the complex geometry objects are in the furniture class and therefore hardly necessary when drafting, so no probs.

My aim was mainly to point out behaviour that can be experienced as a nuisance in an otherwise fluid and agreeable 'new' UI.

Edited by Vincent C