Serial Numbers

defjef

Your serial numbers stink. cant tell what are 1's or lower I's o's or 0's. Are they case sensitive? Why the hell don't you use lower case when you you use letters? I alsways have trouble entering your serial numbers.. What about the em dash.. is that part of the number or a space or do you even need the spaces?

Can't you make that simple?

Is the glass half full or half empty?

VectorWorks 9 serial numbers can be entered in upper or lower case. The dashes are optional. There are no o's in any serial number.

VectorWorks 10 serial numbers follow the same rules. Additionaly anything entered as an O(h) will automaticaly be entered as a zero. (I belive I's are handled the same way, but will have to check)

If you never want to enter a serial number more than once, on the Mac you can make a copy of your preferences file and save that. On Windows you can backup the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\".

[ 09-24-2002, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]

thanks for the rules of entry... But why dont you drop the em dashes and the letters and numbers which may cause confusion and present the serial number in lower case so there is less confusion? I spose that would be too logical. I tried to find out the pricing upgrade from 8 and I was told by your software that my s# was invalid... but I got it right off the pull down menu in the program. What gives?

Also... do you have a features list for all the VW issues so that we can see what we are getting... and do you have a list of known incompatibilaties and bugs for each issue in relation to Op sys and hardware platform.

I think that more robust software requires hardware and op sys upgrades and these are ADDITIONAL costs in $ and time and have implications far beyond the basic purchase price... not to mention training and whatever it takes to get back up to the speed you were working at in the OLD environment.

I believe that unless the software offers significant new features / tools it is not really a major upgrade and should be offered free. Removing bugs and making something operate faster in not an upgrade you should charge for.. just throwing in a tool or two would be a poor excuse if that is what you have done.

So let's hear what the deal is. thanks

The hardware requirements are the same for VW 9 and probably for VW 8 also. Memory might be the key thing in VW on a mac running os 8 or 9.

A list of new features can be found from the main page of the website. CLick on What's new in VW 10.

We do not have a list of bugs or incompatibilities that I know of, which we can post here. I can talk to someone about that.