Problems using Elevation Benchmark

pschone

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with the size of the elevation benchmark.

I have my levels in a design layer, I add the elevation benchmarks at the start of each level line, and I use the 2D scale factor to get the symbol looking about the right size.

Then when I use a viewport to display a section on a sheet file, I also display the design layer with the levels, it all works nicely. As I scale the viewport, the elevation benchmark also scales. This isn't a big problem, but I'd like to find a way to stop it scaling, is there a way to do this?

But the real problem is that I discovered that if I change the scale that the design layer is displayed at, the elevation benchmark symbols change size dramatically on the plot sheet. For example I had the design layer on 1:10 and the elevation benchmarks looked about right, then I changed the design layer to 1:50 and they became huge on the plot sheet. Why is this happening, surely the scale that the design layer is displayed at shouldn't affect the way symbols are displayed in sheet layers? I feel that I can't control the size of the benchmarks on the plot sheet as the display scale of the design file is bound to change.

Or is this the wrong way to be using the elevation benchmarks - should they only be used on sheet layers so that you have total control over them?

Sorry for long message, just very confused!

Any help gratefully received!