Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Setting Layer Visibility in DLVPs

Hi all,

I need a quick way to set various layer visibilities in a file containing 160 referenced Design Layer Viewports.

I tried using SetVPLayerVisibility(), however it did not seem to work as advertised (it does nothing). I am wondering if that's because I can't get a handle to a layer inside a DLVP (since it's encapsulated in the DLVP and doesn't appear in the file's main layer list).

So I tried adding the layers that are encapsulated inside the DLVPs to the main file layer list. The SetVPLayerVisibility() routine now reports TRUE but no changes are affected.

Anyone have any success doing this?

result:= SetVPLayerVisibility(vpHdl,layHdl,0); {will make the layer visible and}

result:= SetVPLayerVisibility(vpHdl,layHdl,-1); will make it invisible.

Is the DLVP still referencing the external file layers or the main document layers?

To get the layer handles I set up a loop starting with FLayer.

curLay:= FLayer;

WHILE curLay <> NIL DO

BEGIN

curLay:= NextLayer(curLay);

END;

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Miguel,

Not working at all for me. The DLVPs are referenced from an external source and as such, the layers do not appear in the main document layer list. This may be the problem. I am thinking that SetVPLayerVisibility() was intended to work with Sheet Layer Viewports only.

V-G