object reversal

ever noticed (and I only just did) how ehen you edit a symbol that has three d components (so that you have to edit both the 2d and the 3d bits of the symbol separatly which is a big waste of time) and then you go back to the 2d edit mode for the symbol, that all the objects have been reversed in terms of their arrangement in layers..... That is things that were hidden by other things are now visible and the other things are no w invisible.

Who thought this one up.

Probably those clever program development guys.

Is there a fix to this??

It's really annoying

ANYONE??????

It is a genuine problem

unit plans (for condos) thath I have drawn in order to generate a 3d model are done as symbols with 2d and 3d components

Everytime I edit the symbols 3d components (or even if I just open the edit 3d mode but don't actually edit anything) the order of objects in the 2d component of the symbol are all reversed. Floor hatches that were running behind everything are now overlaid over everything.

It is a major hassle going in and unreversing everything everytime I edit the 3d part of the symbol. And I do mean EVERYTIME.

I need a solution

Joe, I have no way of testing if this works in v9, but give this a try. "SelectAll" the objects that have been reverse stacked and "Send to Front", (Cmd-F) on the Mac. In v8.5.2, this has the unique feature of reversing the stacking order of all the selected objects in addition to moving them to the front, but it's tolerable since pressing it twice restacks them back again. The feature may or may not have made it to v9, but you can write back and let me know. "Send to Back" has the same "hidden feature". If you're lucky, they haven't fixed it yet.

Actually, I hope they leave it alone, it can be a desired side effect at times, and pressing Cmd-F twice doesn't bother me a bit. Though it may not be intuitive, it is useful when you understand how it works. It works in the drawing, in the symbol edit mode, and inside groups.

HTH,Raymond

Joe,

I can reproduce the reversal of stacking order when using the send to front command in VW8, (yes it was fixed in 9) but I can't get this to happen when working with symbols in either 8.5.2 or 9.5.2.

Your going to have to give more detailed steps to reproduce this.

Also, we emailed you back your password to your original account when you requested it. Check the email account that you used when you registered for the message board.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support