Max number of palettes?

Hm... I seem to be having some problems with the Workspace editor. Everytime I set up a palette for my custom workspace (based on the architect workspace) I can't select the palettes! I can see them on the "palette" menu but I can't actually use them! Any ideas?

?skar.

Have you added a tool or tools to the palettes?

In the workspace editor, make sure you have an arrow next to the palette you created if you are on a mac, or a "+" next to the palette if you are on a PC.

Hi Katie,

Yup, I have the plus sign (I'm using Windows 2000 NT - I bought Vector Works Architectural 9.5.0 - I have recently downloaded and installed both the 9.5.1 and the 9.5.2 updates)

I made a new palette which I called "Architect" - which is on now - but I can't turn it off or any of the other palettes on/off. The top of the palettes menu (i.e. constraints, attributes, obj, info, etc.) I can turn on/off.

I have checked the "menus" selection in the workspace editor as well - it clearly says "Tool Palettes" in palette menu!

Darnation!

Sincerely yours,

?skar.

Garg!

I just tried turning the palettes off with the little "x" icon on the palettes themselves... They turn off alright - but now I have a workspace without palettes and I can't turn them back on again... I'm probably screwing this one up on a minor detail - if someone could point out which detail I'll be ever so happy! It's impossible to use the program without the palettes (where is the command line interface from Autocad when you need one?!).

Sincerely yours,

?skar.

I suggest contacting your local distributor and sending them a copy of your workspace that you've worked on. That way they can try it on a local version of VW and see if they are having the same problem. They should be able to show you where it might be going wrong.