Better Electrical Tools

Tom Klaber

Question

A colleague of mine asked what I know about Chief Architect - I said nothing - I had not heard of it before. I did some research and watched some of the feature videos and while I do not think it is as robust a program - I WANT some of those features:

Auto-place outlets.

Switching tools that connect lights to switches. In the video the switch auto corrected to a 3way when the string was attached to a second switch.

Modifiable light symbols that auto schedule. Make lights like doors and windows with modifiable data that I can auto schedule. I do not want them or need them to necessarily auto attache to the ceiling - I just want a better smarter way of dealing with my lighting plans and schedules.

1 answer to this question

Funny, I did a presentation for school two years ago about the comparison of VW against Chief Architect. I don't know how Chief Architect has been evolving, but at the time I tested it, it was way better with it's pio's than VW is, but there where things that let me choose VW above CA like the 2D presentation capabilities, 3D viewports that aren't reupdateable in CA, Automatisation with VS, ....

Though in CA, all object know each other withouth the user letting them know.

Edited by DWorks