Sign in to follow this  
David M

Class problems

I'm using VW 8.5.2. and have come across an annoying problem with classes.

When creating a new class, VW will duplicate this (and occasionally triplicate it!). When I try to delete the offending extra class, all the classes with that name disappear and are replaced by a class with a blank name which is not removeable.

I alos tried to purge the classes. This has one of two outcomes.1. The two (or three) classes come back, or2. The number of blank classes double

On the plus side, other than being annoying, this doesn't seem to cause any other difficulties.

I have seen a couple of posts regarding this bug, but I am not aware if there is a patch available.

Any ideas, please?

Cheers.

It sounds as if your class list had been corrupted in the file.

Your correct in thinking that it is not serious, just annoying. The best way I know to correct this type of thing is to export the file to a previous version of VectorWorks/MiniCAD and then reimport the file. VectorWorks should rebuild the class list when it converts the file.

If this doesn't work, we can probably fix it here if you email the file to tech@nemetschek.net.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we don't have a previous version available.

How about if I copy & paste the the file contents to a new template? Will that clear the problem?

regards.

You don't need one.

Open the file in the version you do have. Then go to the file menu. Select export to MiniCAD 7.

VectorWorks will ask for a filename to save it as. Give it a name, and click save. Then reopen that file you just exported in the version you have. You should get a message that VectorWorks has converted the file and hopefully the class problem will have gone away.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

Matthew,

That cleared the unwanted classes. However, when I re-opened the file, it added '-0' to all the remaining classes.

Regards.