Runtime error when dragging a group

I have a drawing which when I drag a group (floor plan with dimensions), I get a runtime error which causes major crashes on my computer. Other groups on the same drawings are fine (similar floor plans). I have tried to copy and paste onto a new blank drawing, which is fine until I copy and paste the one plan which when dragged to a new position causes the same runtime error.

Any ideas (I could email the drawing file if you wish)

I am using VW 9.5.1 on Pentium 4 computer, 1.9Ghz, 256 ram, windows XP.

Colin Smart

Colin, You probably have a bad object in that floor plan that is causing the crash. If you cut and paste sections of the drawing at a time, you can narrow it down to the offending object. You can then recreate the offending object that is causing the crash and proceed from there.

I've seen this with window and door objects that are in walls primarily. I would start with those sections of the drawing.

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

Katie

I did that and found that it was a dimension. I could not delete it at all - crashed when I tried. The only way to resolve it was to turn off the dimension class, cut all other objects in the group and paste to a separate group, then to isolate the dimensions on a "damaged" layer.

Resolved the problem, but it would be nice to know why a single dimension can corrupt.

Colin