Help with Working Plane function

Hi

I am having some issues with the "Set Working Plane" tool. I have a 3-D object and in the past I have been able to set the working plane, by hovering over then clicking on the surface of the 3d object that I want to work on. Then I am able to draw, objects directly on the area that was selected. For some reason now when I try to do this, the polyline I draw is not on the working plane that I had selected, instead it is just drawn randomly in space away from the 3D object.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there setting that is set wrong?

I've noticed if you are in the Screen Plane drawing mode and you set the Working Plane with the WP Tool then select a 2D tool, the active plane jumps back to Screen Plane.

If you were in Layer Plane mode before using the WP Tool, you'll stay in Working Plane mode when you select a 2D tool.

To get things right, check the Active Plane menu at the top of the screen after you select your first 2D tool and make sure you are in Working Plane mode. The next time you switch tools you should stay in the WP mode.

If you set the drawing plane back to Screen Plane, even if you have a Working Plane set, you'll have to manually set the menu back to WP again to continue drawing on the WP. OR, if you already have a planar 2D object drawn on a WP, then double click on it to activate that WP.

Raymond