Text - backgroundcolor

How come, that once a backgroundcolor for polylines or rectangle is used, also text (written afterwards) gets automatically backgroundcolor? Is there a way to disable this? I have tried to set the defaults on -no color- but everytime I write new text.... there it is again! I am using VW 9 on PC.

Erik, Check the current active class. If this class has an automatic class assignment assigned to it, chances are when you enter text with this active class it is going to use the class assignment values for the color attributes.

When creating text, the text object autoamtically gets assigned with the current active class as it's class type and any attributes that might be assigned to that class.

The background color you are getting is the solid fill color in the attributes palette. You can change this to white or the solid fill as none.To prevent this in the future, you can select a different class as your active class for text. You can select the text and assign it to it's own class making sure it has no automatic class attribute assignment. If your text must reside in a particular class, you will have to change it via the attributes palette, or you must edit the class attributes with the classes dialog box. Select the class, click edit and remove the checkmark from the "Use at Creation" selection.

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]