Selecting Text

Don't know if this has come up, but text block responsiveness to mouse clicks is not very good. You either have to be zoomed way in, or you have to click around many times until you hit just the right spot for the text cursor to insert itself into the text block. I think versions prior to 9 were more forgiving. This is a problem I've noticed.

But I have also noticed or wondered something else: does the snap radius affect this?

Donald

At the risk of answering my own question, it looks to me like the snap radius does affect the ease of selecting text. I had previously set it to 5 (probably default). Yesterday I reduced it to 1. It appears that text selects much more easily when zoomed further out. I'm not clicking multiple times to insert the text cursor into a text block.

Reading the manual is sounds like what I have done should make the smart cursor less sensitive. NNA is that correct?

But it seems to make working with text easier.

Donald

Donald,The default text insertion cursor's hot spot is at the top, not the middle. You can tell by the little plus sign above the I beam. This indicates the vertical alignment of text block you will create when you click. This can throw you off when working with small blocks.

The text insertion tool is not affected by the snap radius. To show this try the following.Create a small text block.Set the snap radius to 10.Move the hot spot of the text tool near, but not over the block. You should snap to some point on the block. Now click. You will create a new block. If you do the same with the line tool you will see the line start at the snap point.

Another way to open a small text block is to right click over the block and select edit.

HTH,