HELP with Room Finish Library Vectorworks 2010

Hi...

We have a multi-user environment here at work. I have been looking for a way to make our custom Room Finish Library (VW2010) to be available to all users, or even particular projects.

It seems much easier in VW2011, but how can it be functional in VW2010?

We have a current project file which has in all the spaces with the finishes. However, the actual drop down menu with key and description is only available on the cpu it was created on as it is stored in the user folder. From what I understand, it's to do with Project Preference Set, but that's not working for me for some reason.

I would appreciate it if someone can please shed some light on this...

Thank You...

Update...

Project Prefs seem to be working properly in VW2009 but not in VW2010.

Using the 'Modern Home Prototype' file from the VW website on:

Firstly VW2010 - When adding and selecting the 'Prefs_MHP' preference supplied by the download, although the description of the room finishes are selected (as it is part of the file), the prefs available are STILL the default ones. If another finish is selected (with key and description), it is not possible to reselect the original finish. Also, once OK is clicked in the settings dialog, a 'Prefs_Def' folder with the 'Room Finish Library.txt' file is created in my user folder plug-ins (folder). Any edits made to the finishes (regardless of which pref is selected) are reflected in the user folder At this point I thought I was going crazy as I was unable to sort this out.

Then, when tried in VW2009 - After adding and selecting the 'Prefs_MHP' preference, the finishes available are shown in the drop down menu (with both key and description) correctly, how I believe it is supposed to work. Also, any edits made to the finishes are reflected on the 'Room Finish Library.txt' file in the 'Prefs_MHP' folder, and no file is created in the user folder plug-ins (folder).

Awaiting response...