Plug-in Object parameters

GAMO

Hi there:Can I modify the parameters file of a plug-in object???We detail steel structures based in a few W shapes beams....Can I just erase the ones I don't need in the text file where they reside??? Is the plug-in object going to behave Ok??? or the plug-in object needs all of them?some times is tedious choose an small section because the plug-in data always start from the bigger ones!Thanks for the advice

smile.gif" border="0

Do you want to edit the fields that are listed when you select a PIO to insert and remove the fields you don't use or do you want to remove the actual plug in objects text and data files in the VW folder that you do not use?

Hi Katie:

What I need to do is modify the text file where the PIO take it's parameters from. An example is when I use the Wide Flange PIO, the pop-up menu display about 168 types of beams (C:\Program Files\VectorWorks ARCHITECT 9.5.0\Plug-ins\Data\WFlange-Inch.txt) and we actually use only some of them (basically the smaller ones).

Can I modify this text file erasing the beams we never use..??? or does the PIO need that this file holds all the beams in order to work..???

Thank You. I'll appreciate your advice! smile.gif" border="0

Also, you will need to actually edit the parameter list of the object as well. To do this, go to Organize -> Create Plug-in... and select the object in the list (Wide Flange) and click on the Parameters button. Select the size field, and click Edit, then click Values... This is the list that the object will actually display in the object info pallet.

Be careful when doing this, it is possible to damage things when editing these files.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

Thank's Katie and Matthew:I've just take a look and seems it's going to work.I'll make a test editing both the text file and the parameters of the PIO (after backing up the original files of course!). I'll keep you informed.

Thank's againNice Tech Support!!! smile.gif" border="0