VW 9.5 and WINDOWS success stories?

Given the overwhelming predominance of MacVW users, I just don't hear very much fromWINDOWS users of VW 9.5. I assume that thereare at least a few out there (given VW's cross-platform aspirations) and I would like to get some impressions of 9.5 from some WINDOWS users (any version).

What you are using it for, what you like, whatyou don't... that kind of thing. What I reallywant to hear (before buying a new computer solelyto be able to run 9.5 instead of 8.5) are somepeople saying "Yes, 9.5 works great (with Windows)for me !! " -- because that isn't a comment I'veseen anywhere on this BB.

Surely there are 8 or 10 people out there who cansay the above... right?

I'm a cross platform user. I have a mac at work and a PC at home. The program is virtually identical across the platforms.

At home I use it for small personal architectural projects and for Moonlighting Photoreal Renderings for Architects and some Trade show booth designers. I use a 800 Mhz Gateway with 384 Mb ram on Win 98 Se. No real problems. The program occasionally terminates on its own, but my mac does that too. No big deal, just save often.

The PC seems a little snappier in Final Renderworks mode compaired to my 733 Mhz G4 under OS X. But that may be because at home I usually have plenty of distractions to pass the time while I wait for RW to do it's thing.

Anyway, for a new PC go for all you can afford in terms of processor speed and ram. I've always done this and my PC's last me about 4 years.

Also buy quality products, I've always used Gateway and I've never had a problem. My wife owns her own business and was in a hurry to get a PC for her receptionist. I reluctantly bought a compac from a chain business store and I have regreted it ever since.

Good Luck