Lecture Style Seating?

chstech

i am looking to create a lecture style seating layout.

is there a way to place table and chairs as a PIO?

Trying to place 5 rows deep, 6 tables @ 72" across, and 3 chairs behind each table.

i looked at the Event Planing PIO. have not found it to be successful.

i have also tried the simple table and chair PIO and that is not working either.

Also I have a second event and need to place in 72"diameter round tables, but seating is to be on half of the table 6 chairs per table.

any ideas? Thanks!

mac Designer 2011 sp2

Drew,

Create the layout using a symbol from the standard library (that will have chairs on both sides of the tables). Once you have things the way you want them, edit the symbol that has chairs on both sides, deleting the chairs on one side of the table. The PIO will update the seat counts accordingly.

The file that determines your choices for the tool can be modified to change the defaults available to you. The file is located at: Vectorworks 2011 / Libraries / Defaults / Event Planning / Seating / Seating.vwx

WARNING: Before you make any changes to any "Default" document, you should make a backup copy of the file and save it somewhere special.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to amend my previous post.

While you *can* change the files located in the Vectorworks 2011 / Libraries / Defaults folders, I was reminded last week in a user group meeting that any changes you make there may be overwritten with a service pack or update.

The better place to add user content is: username / Library / Application Support / Vectorworks / 2011 / Libraries / Defaults.

If you add files to the folders, it will show up in the PIO.