Worksheet for walls

djb

I'm attempting to learn worksheets and I am have difficulty with reporting areas of walls in worksheets. Apparently when "wallarea_gross" of wall is queried the number reported is the length x height x number of surfaces in wall type.

Is this right and how do I get it to report the components of the wall and the correct area? CriteriaSurfaceArea reports a sum of every surface including the tops, sides and bottoms of the wall. Bug, wrong function or a waste of time?

Jeff,

Tried it and I get weird numbers, shows the wall thickness I think. Went back to version 2010 and had no problem, though no componentarea there.

Also, how do I query componentarea for specific component, for example the exterior component?

Thanks Peter, that worked.

I was using the syntax shown in the help files "(t=wall,1) and it was giving the name of the wall. Now if it would give proper areas for the components, then we'd have something.

I have a wall with the siding extended down 12" ( to cover the first floor frame, version 2011) and the number reported is less than a wall that dos not have the extension. What's up with that?

Maybe it's a bug.