Problems with monitor display in 2010 sp4

Hello folks. I am glad to have found this forum.

I just upgraded from 2008 to 2010. It was a company wide update......about 15 other employees. I am the only person within the company that is having this problem.

Everything intalls fine and Vectorworks opens fine. The problem is that after I open the program and it is finished loading, the display does all kinds of "funky" things that I have never seen a computer do. The program will still function if I can manage to navigate it, but it is very difficult. Here are the symptoms...

-Windows and tool sets become half hidden and reappear randomly....especially when moving the windows around.

-Parts of the display "ghost" in and out when the mouse pointer hovers over them. They go in and out of sight.

-If I move or close the program, some of the windows will remain as an image on the desktop until I hover over sections with my mouse pointer and they disappear, a section at a time.

I have tried all the normal stuff......reinstallation, runnning as administrator, updating service pack....etc.

I have never seen a program do this. It does not happen with any other programs I run, or my old version of Vectorworks 2008. It is a very hard problem to describe, but it has me baffled. My next step will be to buy a new computer, but for my bosses sake, this will be my last resort. Thanks in advance.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey, Groovatron (wish I'd thought of that name!)

Your problem has all the earmarks of an out-of-date video driver. Go to our knowledge base (you can access it from the "Support" tab of Vectorworks.net) and type in a search for "video card". There should be several topics available on this.

While Robert is correct and updating video drivers may solve your problem, your video is integrated on the motherboard, and may be inadequate to run VW. VW 2010 takes a lot more video power that VW 2008. You may want to consider buying a video card, one in the $50 range would be much more powerful than what you have.