Reconcile notes

I find the "Notes Manager: Reconcile Notes" keeps listing notes in the right hand column even though there has been no change in the database for that note. That is, there is no reconciliation to be done, yet it is tedious to have to manually go through each note checking just in case. Anyone else find this?

Either I have technically misunderstood how the reconcile notes process is supposed to work despite experimenting with it extensively - in which case why is the tool designed to be so extraordinarily non-user friendly - or the tool's current functionally is truly appalling. Despite working amongst a number of CAD programs (AutoCAD, Microstation, et al) for years I still find this tool a nightmare. It's such a fundamental tool for drawing production; I can't understand why it hasn't had major attention in recent versions and Service Packs.

We keep starting projects with it hoping it will work, and then always end up replacing the mess it makes by hand-typing every callout note in the whole drawing package. The labour cost in doing this has probably exceeded the cost of software a number of times of the last few years.

It would be really good to hear from other users on this.