Boolean in 8.5.2

JRoth

I'm attaching data records to objects in a drawing, and have a number of boolean elements, but the ony way I can get them to be ture is by typing "true" Anything else (including "1") turns the statement false.

I haven't used the boolean option for this before, but it's my understanding from the manual that 0=false and 1=true. It would be a lot easier to type "1" than to type "True"! Am I screwed up, or is VW?

PS I need to work on this today, so a quick replay is greatly appreciated

Page 15-22 is incorrect. VectorWorks should only accept "True", "Yes" and "T" for true. AFAIK know it is not case sensitive.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by JRoth:
I'm attaching data records to objects in a drawing, and have a number of boolean elements, but the ony way I can get them to be ture is by typing "true" Anything else (including "1") turns the statement false.I haven't used the boolean option for this before, but it's my understanding from the manual that 0=false and 1=true. It would be a lot easier to type "1" than to type "True"! Am I screwed up, or is VW?PS I need to work on this today, so a quick replay is greatly appreciated