Can't import pdf files in '08

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat - Vectorworks 08 crashes when I try to import a PDF. I have run disk utilities and repaired permissions but that didn't help.

Any other ideas?

MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core i7; 4GB

OSX 10.6.3

VW 2008 - Spotlight, RenderWorks

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Reviving an older thread for a first post.

Running VW 2008 Architect on a Mac with 10.6.8.

Import PDF function does not work; says "This Plug-in Object file is missing. Check to make sure it is in your "Plug-ins" folder."

Funny thing is that I've got another Mac, right beside this one, with the same configuration, and it works.

I've deleted the plists, deleted the folders inside "Application Support" and deleted "Vectorworks 2008" before re-installing.

When re-installed, the Import PDF plug-in activates, but crashes on attempting to open *any* PDF. Sometimes crashing the whole Mac. (!)

Updating to SP3 kills the plug-in, and results in the error message, but the computer does not crash. The update to SP3 errors out on "completion" but going to "About Vectorworks" shows that it's successfully been updated to 2008 SP3 (Build 88670).

Also - with the fresh install, quitting does not crash VW. When it's updated to SP3, quitting does not crash, but if I try to import a PDF, then get the error message, and then quit, it will "quit unexpectedly".

Changing workspaces does not help. Have repaired disk permissions. Brand new Mac with a fresh OS install. Are there any suggestions?

EXTREMELY frustrated with this bug! Cannot get VW running for this basic function of importing PDFs.

Dan.

Edited by Dan S