Dynamic Symbols

furtex

In VW you can create a variety of types of symbols. One type places a preset standard PIO "plug in object" in your drawing. In other words, you can create a symbol based on a door or window PIO that is placed in the drawing as a PIO. You could create one of these symbols for each of your standard window and door sizes. Through the PIO settings in each symbol, you could control visibility via loading different elements of the PIO to different classes. Classes in VW are most like AC layers. In VW you place objects in classes on layers.

Edited by J Lucas

@ J Lucas: thanks for the response. I have tried searching for "plug in object" in the help bar. Is it possible to create custom PIO in version 12? If so, could you walk me through the basic steps to set one up?

really need some help with this.

Thanks again!!

Search help for the type of PIO you want to start with, say a window. Carefully review and set all the PIO parameters to create a window as you want it. Search help for symbols and carefully review the attributes and parameters for creating the different types of symbols. You will see that you can create a symbol from a window PIO that, when placed in the drawing, will have the same attributes as the original PIO. In the create symbol dialog choose "Options" then "Convert to Plug-in Object".

PS I have to say I do not remember what you can and cannot do in 12.5. Is it Fundamentals?

Edited by J Lucas