Arial font lost

Don't ever move or copy the Arial font from the font folder. Even if you put it back VW 9.01 WIN won't see it.The solutions are: Bring your system back to a day before you dragged or copied the font, if you have a system safe software installed; or replace all the fonts inside your font folder in Windows with others, (delete the old, install the new),then uninstall VW, including any registry preference, reinstall it.

We are in the process of looking into this problem, and it is a known issue. If you can send me your email address, I will notify you when our bug tracker reports a change for this problem.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by yves.kuerzel:

Hi,

Since a few days I am missing Arial and Times New Roman font in the font list.

Under windows these fonts are still available and usable. Somebody has any ideas.

I don?t want to reinstall my whole computer :-)

Thanks

Guess

I got arial font back :-)

CAUTION I don?t know which side effects this procedure has to other applications. It only seems to work. All at your own risk !!

I deleted every registry entry for Nemetschek and Vectorworks ( not sure if this is necessary ). Maybe Matthew can say which one will be necessary or not.

Then I made backups of every fontfile in winnt\fonts.

Deleted all arial fonts in winnt\fonts and reinstalled them.

Started Vectorworks again. All settings lost but arial font is available again.

If you have question. email to

yves.kuerzel@run-plus.de

To Matthew: I would to know if you find a solution suitable for 'standard' users. This way seems to me a little risky :-)

Yves

Removing the registry settings for VectorWorks will simply clear your registration info and bring you back to the factory defaults. It should be safe, but the normal warnings about messing with your registry apply.

I don't think we store any font related information here, but clearing these settings won't hurt you.

There are new keys which are important. Hkey_current_user/software/nemetschek and Hkey_local_machine/software/nemetschek

Also, if you are using Windows NT, 2000, or XP, then you need to be a local adminstrator to make these changes, and an Admin must also run VectorWorks at least once to re-establish it's registry settings.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by yves.kuerzel:

Guess

I got arial font back :-)

CAUTION I don?t know which side effects this procedure has to other applications. It only seems to work. All at your own risk !!

I deleted every registry entry for Nemetschek and Vectorworks ( not sure if this is necessary ). Maybe Matthew can say which one will be necessary or not.

Then I made backups of every fontfile in winnt\fonts.

Deleted all arial fonts in winnt\fonts and reinstalled them.

Started Vectorworks again. All settings lost but arial font is available again.

If you have question. email to

yves.kuerzel@run-plus.de

To Matthew: I would to know if you find a solution suitable for 'standard' users. This way seems to me a little risky :-)

Yves

[This message has been edited by Matthew Giampapa (edited 09-26-2001).]