Layers and Perspectives

Quick question:

I have a theatre that I have modeled in 3D and have each element of the theatre on a different layer, but it seems to be a pain when you want to change the rendering or perspective of all layers you seem to have to go into each one and change it separately. Is there an easy way to do this? So should I be using classes instead of layers?

No, Layers is better.

What version of Vwks do you have? If 2010, use Unified View, if 2009, 2008 use Stacked Layers to assemble everything.

Put a Renderworks Camera into one of your visible layers while in Top plan.

Set your view. Dbl click the camera icon to show a perspective view. If you want isometric, use the Standard Views choices or the fly-around tool.

Make sure each layer you want to show has been set to one of the visible options. Cancel out of your perspective view back to Top view by hitting Command + 5 or Ctrl + 5.

You can also make a viewport of the visible assembled layers and make changes after the fact using the Object Info palette choices.

There is no need to set a view for each layer.

If you are on an older version of Vwks, read up on using the Model View tool to assemble the layers.

If you have more 3d trouble you can see my 3d videos here:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Tguy/videos/

Watch 3D Tutorials 1 through 3, then Viewports Tutorial.