Is my software faulty?

Hi

I was on 12.5 but have just loaded 2008. There are no standard symbol resources in it, I've just been using ones from an existing drawing I was in the middle of.

Everything seems to be in the correct folders when looking in the library. I try to find resources by searching the disc, I select the resources I want but there is no option to save/import etc

Any ideas?

That threw me off when I jumped from 12 as well. In fact, I called NNA for that one.

Save them as favorites. That way you're not stuck with all of the libraries that VW ships with cluttering up your Resource Browser.

Resource Browser, top right corner arrow icon on the "files" line. "Add new favorites file" or browse to a document you like, and then "Add current to favorites".

I can't find any symbols in 2008 files and if I look in my backups of 12.5 it won't let me choose them! I think I'll have to contact NNA. I'm now having a problem with creating a dormer window. I can create a dormer with an existing window but can't change the setting on the window once created in the dormer. So I've created a new window symbol to suit the dormer but when I double click to select and then click on the roof plane it doesn't open up Edit Dormer Roof box. I think I'm going to give up and start again on Autocad!

June, it would make it easier to help if you would create a signature with your version of Vectorworks including updates and computer specs including OS. Click on the My Stuff link at the top, Edit Profile.

Your symbols in VW 2008 are here:

C:\Program Files\Vectorworks2008\Libraries

You won't be able to access your 12.5 symbol files until you open then in VW 2008 and save them in VW 2008 format.

Do a search of the online help for Resource Browser on how to add favorites files.