Intro to VectorWorks for Left Handers--New video tutorials

Tom G.

New free how-to videos have been uploaded to Viddler.com

http://www.viddler.com/search_detailed/?searchString=Video+for+left+handers

Last year, in response to writing my Convert to Lines Seattle Vectorworks Users Group newsletters (http://converttolines.blogspot.com), I was asked if I couldn?t please illustrate my text-only explanations with pictures or videos of some kind. That winter, I began creating a series of videos designed for the newer user, the sole proprietor and those working in the residential, light construction market. Recently I?ve produced a couple of new videos plus rewritten others such that there is now a block of tutorials which gives the user an overview of 3D object creation and display via Viewports. Also explored is the creation of Design Layer Viewports and hybrid ways to control unwanted lines. The videos available are:

VectorWorks for Left Handers: 3D Tutorial Part 1

VectorWorks for Left Handers: 3D Tutorial Part 2

VectorWorks for Left Handers: 3D Tutorial Part 3

VectorWorks for Left Handers: Hidden Line Tutorial

VectorWorks for Left Handers: Viewports Tutorial

also

VectorWorks for Left Handers: Color and Texture

VectorWorks for Left Handers: Workspace Editing

They average about 20 to 30 minutes each.

I?ve called this group VectorWorks for Left Handers because I?ve felt for a long time that the process of creating layers and setting heights of the elements within those layers was easier than implied by the software itself as well as the online manual. I?d like to provide a left-of-center, right-brained approach to using this powerful software, a tool I find indispensable in my professional life.

There is no wrong way to use VectorWorks, in my opinion, only ways to be more effective and efficient in how you display your work. Conversely, there is no single right way to teach VectorWorks. I expect that others, having invested hard-won time in developing their own methods, will have important perspective to add to any discussion on technique or that advanced users may wish to look elsewhere for more focused help.

It has been my pleasure to create and provide these. I want to especially thank Steve Scaysbrook for his encouragement in my getting them uploaded to Viddler. Take a moment to view one of Steve?s videos here: http://www.viddler.com/explore/scays/videos/15/

Cheers,

Tom Greggs

Edited by tguy