Exporting surfaces via ACIS

Let's say I've created a shape comprised of multiple nurbs surfaces, including some surface fillets. And then I convert the whole thing to a solid through a series of steps. When I export this Nurbs Solid Object (2-sided surface)...composed of several nurbs surfaces "stitched" into a solid (as indicatd by the OIP) and export via *.SAT format, I get seperate surfaces when I import this object into my application (Electric Image Modeler in this case.) The nurbs surfaces come in to the application beautifully, it's just that instead of having one object (like a chair seat in this case) I have a seat made up of many nurbs surfaces. The problem this creates is that when I try to begin texturing the object, I have to create textures for the multiple surfaces which is very cumbersome. Instead of having one object to texture, I have 13 surfaces.

Now I know there's an export option when exporting SAT that says "export solid as trimmed surfaces" ....now when this box is unchecked, I would expect my "solid" to be imported into Electric Image as one piece but it seems that my solid has become "trimmed surfaces" I don't have this issue when importing ACIS/SAT from some other programs so I don't believe it's an issue with Electric Image, but rather a *.SAT export issue with Vectorworks...somehow, the export from VW is not maintaining continuity/connectivity between the surfaces.

Soooo.....my question is this: Is this "seperation" of nurbs surfaces normal during *.SAT export or is there anything I can do (object status wise) to get these nurbs object to be one surface during export?

[ 06-10-2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]