VW 2008 & Artlantis 2.1 : problem with windows.

Hi,

I'm facing a new problem today and hope someone can give me a clue for that.

Basicaly, i've a room made in VW with one window in the wall.

Rendered in VW Renderworks, the glass looks ok. I export the scene in Artlantis and the glass goes funny (not for me). I mean that the all window looks as a block so i can't place textures on the differents parts of the window (eg : wood for the jamb, glass for the ...glass and so long).

Does anybody knows what i did wrong ? (saddly, the artlantis forum does give any clue for that trouble).

Thx for any answer or even suggestions..

Humm...are you asking me which version is my Artlantis and VW ? (sorry, i'm not fluent in english so my understanding is sometimes very poor).

If that was the question :

VW : version 2008.

Artlantis : version 2.1.0

The plug-in (export from VW to Artlantis) is something like 13.1 or so, but i'm sure that it is the good one (the one for VW 2008).

Actually, i do a lot of tests but each time the same problem appears. It seems that Artlantis doesn't like the VW objects and doesn't understand that this object (window) is made of several parts (which are all, in a way, specific objects).

Same prob with the doors for example : i can't give a different color for the jamb and the leaf.

If someone has a clue, i'd be very very very happy to hear from you.

+++++++++++++

AFTER A FULL DAY OF TEST, HERE IS THIS ANSWER...IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED...

So ok, let's forget about exporting in .alt (artlantis format) or .dwg. Waste of time, Artlantis will never ever recognise the different parts of your object.

So prefer a export in .3ds. Then, open the exported file in Artlantis. At this time, Artlantis is able to "understand" the different parts. So now, you can apply a glass texture to the glass part of the window and so long.

Edited by Gregos