Direction of brick pattern (standard from built-in Resources)

Brooklyn

I'm building an architectural model in VW 2008 using brick as an exterior material. When I started the model, the "Brick" texture from the Resource Browser was running in the correct direction, as a horizontal running bond. Now the pattern has rotated 90 degrees to run vertically.

How can I control the direction? I read the recent post on wood grain orientation but couldn't understand the suggestions.

I'm a near beginner, so am not aware of a lot of the details of how to make things work. Thanks in advance!

Good day embarc

Which suggestion did you not understand?

If it was the one I posted,: to get to the texture mapping window, you need to have the object selected.

In the Object Info Pallette(OIP) select the Render tab which displays aal the info to the texture applied to the object selected. Scroll down to find the Mapping bar. Select it and Edit Mapping shall appear.

All the info and selections in the OIP is avaliable in the Edit Mapping and you can see your texture while you edit the scale rotation etc.

Hope this helps you understand what to do

Afterthought: just type in 90 in the Rotation selection and see if that solves your problem...