AutoCAD import

ChrisA

Hi

I am having trouble importing a CAD file. When I import the dwg. the dimensions come in at a different scale and style from the original and when I go to the sheets some of the graphics are way out of scale. this even happens after I open a new file and set the preferences to the ARCH dimension style.

Any ideas

thanks

Chris

I found that you need to have the default dim style set the way you want it before you import a DWG into the VW drawing. For some reason it doesn't seem to let you change it after the import.

You also need to pay attention to the scale of the imported drawing. Is it in mm or meters or inches or decimal feet.

It took some trial and error but I dont run into problems much anymore when importing DWG as long as the dims and scale are set up properly.

I guess i will have to play around with the settings for a while until i can figure out what is going on. By biggest issue is that the leaders extend into the drawing, adding extra lines where there shouldn't be any. I hate to have to go and delete all the dims and start over.