title block with border and intrument key attached

LMalkin

• 1 month later...

I have one suggestion, after converting all of the active lights to instruments, I name the symbols using the "User Field 1", then place a 2D, does not have to be a 2D, Symbol next to the respective place next to the record, this symbol must not be converted to an instrument. Example: All of my MAC III's have "MAC III" in the "User Field 1". I have "MAC III Overhung" and "MAC III Underhung".

( I have mainly four different symbols per light in my own library, 1x 2D and 3x 3D. It saves time when grabbing them. If unlike me you only use one, you can just use the the symbol name instead of "User Field 1", in which case don't worry about placing anything in "User Field 1".)

In the record I put In row A column 1 the name I want for the Symbol, should match "User Field 1". In The Next Column I put in this formula:

=COUNT(((A1='Lighting Device'.'User Field 1')))

If you are not using "User Field 1" yours should look like this:

=COUNT(((A1='Lighting Device'.'Symbole Name')))

This formula will count the symbols that have a matching name or "User Field 1". This is also why you don't convert the symbol next to the record an instrument it would throw your count off by one.

Hope This helps.