Viewport issues: sudden relocation of model within all viewports!

Is it possible that selecting a few of my viewports at once in the Navigation Palette and adjusting some class visibilities would somehow reposition the model in all viewports? I don't know if this is what caused it, but I can't think of anything else I did.

I didn't set a new origin or move any part of the model, but all of a sudden, the contents (not annotations, though) of all viewports are a few million feet off in space somewere. When I check the design & sheet layers, the origin is where it's supposed to be.

The only way I can figure out how to fix this now is to go in and move the annotations into the proper place relative to the viewport contents, and then move the viewport back to the proper location on the sheet. For each viewport. On each sheet. And I'm not sure whether the associative dimensions will still be associative once I've done this. What a royal pain in the ass...

Edited by markuskolb
Guest Frank Brault

Could you have inadvertently edited the scale setting of the Viewports while they were selected or being modified simultaneously? This might create the behavior that you are seeing.

Frank Brault

Hi Frank -- I certainly wasn't aware of having changed any scale settings, and all of the design layer and SLVP scales still are exactly what they're supposed to be. Is it possible that an attempt to modify the VP scale of multiple viewports (selected in the Navigation Palette) would cause this behavior but then actually not change the scales of said vieports? Also, the contents of every single VP in the whole file had been shifted, not just ones that I'd modified via the Navigation Palette...

I've saved a version of the file (after I'd corrected a few of the VPs) if you'd be interested in taking a look at it.