Should I upgrade from 12.5 -> 2008?

We are currently using 12.5 at the office - we have 5 licenses.

We are growing somewhat and are in need of 2 more licenses. The thing is, the question of upgrading seems to have been made for me. I would have liked to make the decision myself, but the "major upgrade marketing" has given me a choice between mixed versions and updating everyone. NNA is no longer selling 12.5 licenses.

There are some features in 2008 that I have been wanting, but for close to $1900 for just the upgrade, I wasn't so sure it's worth it.

Does anyone know if the 2008 licenses will work on a copy of 12.5?

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they would admit whether or not a 2008 license would work.

I can see selling the newest version from a software support point of view - but I now feel forced into buying something that should have been bought on it's merit - not as a result of putting folks like me in a difficult position of mixed versions and save-as confusion.

With a good salesman, it would have gone something like this:

"Version 12.5 is still available, but here's what you get in 2008, here's how productivity is improved - also don't forget that you will save upgrade costs for the two new licenses when you do decide to make the step up."

I bet I would have felt a lot better making the decision for myself.