MIGRATING FROM PC TO MAC

Guest Pablo_L

Burrtoe - We do offer platform switches so you don't have to pay for a new license. The price depends on when you purchased it; when did you buy v.2008?

I know several people who run it on a Powerbook with Parallels and they do so without any problems. As long as the Powerbook has at least the minimum specs that are listed on our site, you should be fine (it's always good to have more though, of course). What are specs for this laptop? Please feel free to call or email and I will be happy to help.

/Pablo

Burrtoe, for presentation and teaching purposes, I run VW2008 via Parallels off my MacBookPro w/ only a moderate decrease in speed - nothing noticeable for 2D work. If I need real transparency, I can boot up into my Vista partition and run VW2008 off that, though my aversion to Vista and the fact the computer can't run two independent screens that way mean I use this as a last resort.

Let NNA get you the Mac license... and congrats on making the switch. You won't regret it.