Version 12 no longer Plattform Switch

Owners of version 12 will no longer have a platform switch to mac

anybody thinking to buy a mac take in consideration up-grading to version 2008 or buy also win xp and parallel in order to run windows on your mac vectorwork will not grant you a plattform switch............

Win xp is about 120$

Parallels is about 70$

version 2008 560$

Guest Lyndsey

Can you elaborate on your statement?

VectorWorks 12 runs on Mac OS X, except you need the free upgrade to 12.5.3 to run on the latest version of the Mac OS X (10.5).

Are you complaining that Nemetschek is going to charge you to crossgrade? Meaning you own a license for one OS and you now want to switch to the other one.

I haven't found a company yet that will do that for free, less expensive than buying new, but not free.

good luck,

I not complaining on any thing.

I just inform you that is you own a vw12 license an for some reason your computer breaks if you buy a mac your great Nemetschek will not grant you a plattform swich

so be prepare to buy the version 2008 up-grade or buy win xp with parallel in order to use your copy of VW 12 on a mac

I pay for win xp and parallel in order to run vw12 on my mac still less money if and only if you do not want to upgrade to version 2008

My pc die on me 4 times on the job site.

finaly I have a mac and I realize that my copy of VW12 is only for Win.

I call to see how much a serial for VW12 for mac cost they offer a Plattform Switch for free but then they told me sorry you have to buy an upgrade to VW2008.

I do not need VW2008 for the moment so in comparison win xp and parallel if less money.

This apply to anyone with VW12 that does not need VW2008 for the moment.

Guest Lyndsey

So, are you trying to say that:

1. You own a Windows version of VectorWorks 12.

2. You purchased a Macintosh.

3. You wanted to switch to the Macintosh license and asked, but Nemetschek only sells cross-platform upgrades (keyword upgrade) to version 2008?

Then yes, if you do not want the newer version, USD$ 80 for Parallels will be less expensive.