Space Tool Dimension Edits

Hi all.

So...Space Tool: When I create a space that is not exactly the size I want, I find that when I deselect "Calc Dims" in the OIP (so that I can edit the width and height), and then do so, the size of the drawn space does not update in the drawing window, even though the OIP says that the space is the new size.

What's up with that? Seems highly irregular. Is there some other thing I'm supposed to be doing to alter the size of my spaces after the fact.

How do I update the size of the spaces I've created if not by editing the dimensions in the OIP?

Thanks!

charlie

When you deselect "Calc Dims" you are basically just changing or overwriting the displayed room size text in the space object that would normally reference the shape of the space. To change the size of the space object, just double click and edit the shape with the 2D reshape tool. Or if you have a space object in a room, just hit update boundary and it will fit it to the boundary of the room. That to me is very cool.

excellent. thanks. good info. i still feel it is unintuitive to not have the object update its dimensions when they're updated in the OIP. to me, an object inspector palette should be able to be used for updating...um...object attributes. every other piece of software uses that paradigm.

anyway, thanks for the help.