Plants Disappearing

mpkeane

I am working on a Mac PowerBook, using OS 10.4.11, with VW Designer (Educational Version) 12.5.1.

When I place a plant with the plant tool, the fill color, outlines, and shadow all appear, but none of the internal lines particular to that plant type appear. What's more, when I go back to try another plant, the symbol for the last plant I used has gone blank (just a white box). I have already "blanked out" 10 different plant symbols trying different plants this way.

What's going on?

Marc

Adding a little more to what I wrote (above) I see that the disappearing internal lines were due (in part) to my have chosen Edit Plant Appearance > Render > Mass Overlapping Plants.

When I tried adding some plant symbols in a newly created file, everything worked fine. However, in this problem file, turning off Mass Overlapping Plants didn't help. The internal lines are still missing. And, each plant symbol I choose through Set Default Plant Tool Options or Replace Plant, disappears -- in other words that symbol (i.e., OYD, OTF, OTM, OTP, etc) becomes a blank box.

So it seems as if this particular file is corrupt. This file, by the way, includes my data plus data imported from from two other designers.

Could there be a conflict with the imported DWG data (classes problem?)

Is there a way to clean up this file or somehow rebuild the plant symbol resources for this one file?

Marc