Zero thickness polyline at wall center

When a basic wall is drawn in VectorWorks using the wall tool, and then, the wall is ungrouped, the resulting objects are two lines, and a filled polygon (if a fill was selected when the wall was drawn). But there is another object, a zero thickness polyline, which occurs along the centerline of the wall as well.

What is this polyline doing there, or is this a bug? How can any object have zero thickness anyway!

This polyline started appearing in the wall tool as of VectorWorks 8.0, it did not exist in MiniCad. What's up with this?

• 5 months later...

I will bring this topic back up top again because it never got any response.

What is the invisible polyline doing in the middle of a wall when the wall is ungrouped?

Am I the only one who ungroups a wall once and a while? I find it quite irritating to have a bunch of invisible polylines floating around in my drawing. These polylines cannot be seen, so the only way to even find them is to randomly select areas of your drawing with a marquee and look for selection handles.(they actually come in with their edge hidden so the only way to make them visible is to click on "Show next edge" in the object info palette).

Is this polyline there for some reason, or for some other functionality of the wall tool, or is it just a bug?