Drawing Walls / VWArch Standards

Clara

1) I am trying to draw some walls. Not sure which layer to draw them on (the building has 2 floors), I was thinking to draw them on Mod-Floor 1 & 2 layer, also as I draw them they disappear (even though I double click)???? I have set up the Model-Set-up

2) The Class (Wall-Exterior) is turned off on the on the Mod-Floor Layer when I use the VW Arch Standards? Isn't that an odd default?

3) Lastly, when using the VWArch standards how do I list which layers should be turned on for the Sheets?

Much obliged if anyone can help.

Hey Clara, If you are thinking of drawing the 1st & 2nd floor on their respective LAYERS then your thinking is correct however you must ensure that the WALL TYPE that you are drawing with has been set to VISABLE in the NAVIGATION PALETTE.

If the Wall-Exterior is turned off, use Navigation Palette to turn it back on.

When you select a VIEWPORT on a SHEET LAYER you can click on the layer button in the OIP (Object Info Paleete) where you can set the visibilty of any LAYER and the is also true for CLASSES

I hope that this helps

G