Contextual Menu Improvements

Bruce Kieffer

Question

With VW 2008 the use of the contextual menu is suppose to be more intuitive. Selecting two 2D objects and evoking the contextual menu brings up Add Surface and Clip Surface. Great! That helps. But Selecting two 3D objects and evoking the contextual menu brings up Add Surface and Clip Surface. Not great! What would help is to have it show Add Solids and Subtract Solids.

7 answers to this question

Bruce,

It may be different in 2008, but in my 12.5 WS Editor, Add & Clip Surface are in the Modify & All Menus lists on the left side. When I expand the Object Context (right click on object) on the right side, I am able to drag the Add & Clip Surface items into the list.

The Add, Subtract Solids, etc are on the left side under Model/Solid Operations. You have to drag the Solid Operations header to the right to add them, they can't be done individually.

George

Edited by G_Hannigan

I'm at a dead end - don't have 2008 to refer to. Are these items present in their normal position in the menus at the top of the screen?

I guess there are two scenarios:

1. 2008 takes away some features.

2. There was a problem with your installation that left some things out.

Could someone from NNA hop in here or another 2008 user check this.

They are all there in VW2008 for me. On the left side of Workspace Editor Model>Solid Operations. You must drag Solid Operations into the Object Context and all the solid operations will be added. I filed a bug on this, it seems to me it should be the default to show solid operations and not surface commands when right clicking on solids.