Copy Between Drawings Changes Color Attribute?

Here's what I'm experiencing. Working with Vectorworks 11.5 on a Mac OS 10.4.10.

I create a new file. Import a drawing from AutoCAD 2004. Adjust the drawing to my needs (including removing all the classes down to the base None and Dimensions and reduce everything to a single layer). I then take the drawing and change the line color to gray for the whole drawing (going to be background in another drawing... I prefer this to just graying the layer as its allows text to be read). Group the drawing and copy it.

I then open another drawing I want to add this copied information to. I paste the group into this drawing and all of the text plus some of the "non-solid" (i.e. dashed, doted, etc.) lines turn black although when selected individually the atributes window it tells me they should be gray. I can get the dashed/dotted lines to turn gray if I make them a solid line but not if they are any form of dashed/dotted line. I cannot make the text gray. I cannot make these lines or text any other color either.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Something tells me I probably have a simple setting activated somewhere I need to turn off but haven't found anything in preferences.

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by LightsACT