Dimension Leader Line

RickS - Lab 8

Rick,

I'm stumped, can't get the result you describe. When I create an angular dim (any mode, any style), I am able to drag the dimension out to the side & have the arc continue. The only way I've been able to remove the internal arc is by deselecting "Arrows Inside" in the OIP. The arrows switch to the outside & the internal arc is removed. Do you get the same result with other dim tools?

George

Sorry, I should be more clear.

I am talking about constrained or unconstrained line dimensions. So if i am dimensioning something like casework and i have a small piece that is 3/4" wide, when i pull the text outside of the dimension, there is no way that a leader is generated from the text to the line of the dimension?

It does pull the line of the dimension out to be under the text, but with a bunch of smaller dimensions, it becomes unclear.

I used to use Microstation and it would automatically create a small arc with a filled circle on the end that went from the text to the center of the dimension.