hatch pattern issues (VW 12)

I noticed that some of the hatch pattern definitions I imported from AutoCAD and used without problems in VW10 and 11 are starting to display incorrectly in VW12. It seems like the scale of the drawing affects how they display. At 1:1 scale they display correctly but at different scales the pattern starts to "disintegrate" (the line segments move apart and no longer define a pattern).

(When I edit the scale of the hatches I always use the scale adjustment factors that affects all levels of the hatch equally. I also made sure there were no pre-existing definitions that were screwing things up)

Did something change in VW12 in how hatch patterns are displayed? I thought compatibility with AutoCAD hatches shouldn't be an issue (except for adjusting the scale factors) since hatches are vector components. I hope there is a fix. I think creating custom hatches is far too difficult and the AutoCAD hatches still look better than the Vectorworks ones (especially for the Concrete and Gravel hatches).

Thanks.