inexplicable changes, and other oddities (symbol issues?)

Joz

Is it just me, or does VW randomly change bits of drawings?

I'm working with a model. I had set all the windows to show opening direction in 3d, but the opening angle is 0deg.

I had to swap a couple of wall directions, to put the shutters on the exterior. When I checked the elevations again (2 floor plan layers linked to roof layer for model to show elevations), those windows that were fixed by this action now show an opening angle of 50.8deg.

So I fix it (one at a time, since I can't select more than one window in a wall, YET...grrrr...), and all the windows are "closed".

Today, I open the same file, open the elevations page, and all the OTHER windows are now open to 50.8deg. ??!!?!?!!!?! Where did 50.8 even come from? Particularly since I can't change all the windows at once, and couldn't possibly have accidentally changed all window opening degrees to the length of some wall?

Also..... On my second floor layer, there's a bunch more detail shown in the doors and other 3d symbols than on the first floor layer. When I go to edit the symbol to try to determine which class those detailed bits are on, and I turn off that class, they still show up. It almost looks like I'm looking at the 2nd floor plan in 3D, but it's set to the Top/plan view, it's set to wireframe, it appears to be the exact same settings as the first floor plan (and the symbols are set the same as well). But the legs appear on the stools, and the door handles on the fridge, and the lever on the toilet, the contour lines on the closet rods, and bunches of lines in the door openings that I don't want to show... I'm very confused. I'm hoping someone will tell me of some secret view option that I haven't found yet.

Edit: Aha! It was a layer-link... the primary layer must've been in Top view, thus showing the linked layer in 3d. I'm finding layer links to be a big PITA. I'm glad I figured out how to do the multi-layer 3-d viewports and the stacked layers today. :)

Edited by Joz

I'm thinking the window opening degrees thing was just a buggy fluke. But I wanted also to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

In future, when I can select more than one window in a wall, will I be able to select all the windows in all the walls? :grin:

Edited by Joz
I'm thinking the window opening degrees thing was just a buggy fluke. But I wanted also to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

In future, when I can select more than one window in a wall, will I be able to select all the windows in all the walls? :grin:

Yes. You can for example select different sizes and shapes of windows or doors in multiple walls and change the parameters of the selected items to make them all the same, or indeed change one aspect to make the same (eg width). This is ging to be THE biggest timesaver for many VW users :)