Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

strange parameter number

You might have more luck if you provide a bit more info about what you are trying to do, and how your'e trying to do it. The nature of this problem isn't clear to me, at least.

What functions are you using?

What are the 'numbers of the parameters', and how are you getting them?

Are you trying to manipulate the parameter list (as seen in Plug-in Editor) using Vectorscript? I didn't know you could.

Or maybe we're talking about the choice list for a pop-up...maybe in a dialog?

Charles

you can edit your script with the edit ('bewerk script') button, and just underneath that button is a parameter button to define your parameters that you will use in your script. these parameters each have a number. these numbers normaly go from 1 to 2 to 3 etc. and when you move a parameter, they will be renumbered.

here is the problem:

i got a wrong numbering: first is 1 second is 12 then 13 etc. so the numbers from 2 to 11 are gone. this is not important, but because of this, i can't move parameters so that the order is different. that's a big problem.

i also noticed today that when i edit all the parameters, the numbers are good again, but only until i push ok, the next time, they are all wrong again.

maybe it is a bug???

Thanks for clearing that up,Link.

Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on. I guess this is a new feature in 12 'cause back here in 11.5 the parameters aren't numbered. You push an up or down button to re-order them.

Hope you can get some help with this.

Maybe it's a form of file corruption. Have you tried deleting and rebuilding the PIO?

You could build a dummy that doesn't do anything (no script) and see if it behaves the same.

My Condolences,

Charles